Case Study: FMCG
Sourcing top FMCG talent through deep knowledge and candidate tracking
Two hires were made :
- a top global FMCG marketer, trained in the UK but based abroad
- a commercial leader the UK arm of a top global FMCG
The UK arm of a major FMCG firm was at the beginning of a strategic transformation. As part of this they sought to bring in two high profile new hires: a Marketing Director and a Sales Director.
Another executive search company was initially briefed on the UK Marketing Director search. They were unable to complete the job due to the client’s demands for calibre and the limited pool of top-FMCG trained marketers at the level.
At this point, Hunter-Miller stepped in to provide a fresh pair of eyes. A wider pool of talent was considered. Alongside those currently working in FMCG marketing in the UK, Hunter-Miller’s search took advantage of its unique candidate tracking abilities to target FMCG-trained talents then working abroad or in another sector.
The successful completion of this search led to the briefing of the Sales Director search to Hunter-Miller. Having proven their depth of knowledge of FMCG-trained talent, they are now valued search partners to this firm.
- The pool of FMCG talent with the strongest training is limited from the start, due to the selectivity of graduate schemes.
- The numbers of talented individuals diminish at every level, due to other sectors siphoning off strong FMCG profiles.
- With the Marketing Director search, another search firm had already approached many of the obvious targets.
The business is now launching a number of new product innovations and enjoying unprecedented investor confidence.